The first annual Monster Mash Parade was a success. Hope you enjoy the pictures from the event, and we can't wait to...
On behalf of the Village of Sabina, the Recreation Committee is asking your support to help improve the Sabina...
Below are some links from the Clinton County Health Department to help you understand more about the COVID-19 vaccine...
Urgent Job Opening
Title: Village Fiscal Officer
Status: Full time, Hourly
SUMMARY: The Fiscal Officer of the Village is to perform all of the tasks required of the Clerk-Treasurer of any Village such as keep the books of the village, present accurate statements of all moneys received and expended, keep records of property and any income from them and all taxes and assessments of the Village. The Fiscal Officer also will perform any other duties given to Village Clerk-Treasurers under the general laws of Ohio. The Fiscal Officer is appointed by the Mayor, subject to the approval of Council, for a four-year term.
Salary/Wages: The Village offers competitive wage rates and is open to negotiations for this position.
Desired Experience: 2+ years of experience as a fiscal officer or treasurer with a county, township, municipality in Ohio and familiarity with the Ohio Auditor of State’s Uniform Accounting Network (UAN)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeps the financial records of the Village, establish the accounting system, financial records and reports to be used by the Village.
- Receive and deposit funds that are received by the Village.
- Maintains a record of all property owned by the Village, all income derived therefrom and all taxes and assessments.
- Prepare and sign all checks for payments and payroll.
- Maintains personnel files, including records of payroll and all benefits.
- Prepares and distributes various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by law.
- Monthly balances all financial records and bank statements and provide copies to Council.
- Provides information to assist the state auditors.
- Performs all tasks related to the Clerk of Council, including maintenance of records of proceedings of the Council, maintenance of all Ordinances and Resolutions as passed by Council, notification to the public of regular or special Council meetings, and attendance at all Council and Finance Committee meetings.
- Works with the Mayor, Council and Department Heads in the preparation of the annual Budget, and presents the annual budget to the Council Finance Committee for review.
- Prepares the annual appropriations for the Finance committee and Council to review.
- Files and preserves bonds furnished by Village officers and employees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of Village policies and procedures; office practices and procedures; accounting principles; document preparation; records management; public relations; prevailing wage requirements; inventory control; purchasing, insurance requirements, auditing, finance and budgeting.
- Must be able to maintain personnel records, payroll practices and procedures, and benefit administration.
- Must abide by the Public Records Commission requirements, Ohio Tax Codes, government grant/loan program, and media relations.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Performs other duties as required.
Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Under the direction of the Mayor, assists in the necessary daily tasks of the Administrative staff. Also assists the Mayor with overall management, planning, and goals.
1. Front of office – responds to inquiries, directs the public, and is the main face people will see when entering the Village Municipal Building.
2. Writes letters and sends emails.
3. Answers telephones.
4. Sorts mail.
5. Maintains the Village web site.
6. Research grants and works with the Mayor, Administrator and Council to implement and follow up on grants.
7. Produces public records upon request.
8. Adheres to and subscribes to all directives in the Personnel Policy and Procedures Manual.
1. Manages and schedules the daily agenda and appointments of the Mayor.
2. Develops Administrative Department employee schedules and tracks employee attendance.
3. Tracks employee vacations and reports Department head vacations to the Mayor.
4. Seeks employee training opportunities and monitors continuing education requirements.
5. Research legislation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Able to work with computers and Windows software applications.
· Possess minimum typing skills.
· General filing capabilities.
· Develop a thorough knowledge of applicable Ohio Revised Code, Ohio Basic Code sections.
· Develop a thorough knowledge of Village Ordinances, Resolutions, by-laws, and related materials.
· Shall possess as a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent education level. Advanced degrees and/or experience in grant writing are a plus.
· Possess a valid driver’s license.
· Have reliable transportation to and from work.
· Have good organization, management, and communication skills.
· Must possess positive attitude to work with the public.
· Maintain a good physical appearance.
· Able to accomplish tasks without constant supervision.
· Able to work alongside all the department supervisors and other employees of the Village.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Performs other duties as required.
If interested please come to the municipal building for an application or call the Mayor at 937-584-5049
Officially Established in 1831 and incorporated in 1859, Sabina is nestled between Wilmington and Washington Court House at the crossroads of Routes 22-3 and 729. The Village, primarily a farming community, is within an hour of Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Chillicothe, Xenia and many other Municipalities. With nearby access to railways, an air park, and state routes, opportunity for business development is excellent. Because of the neighborly, kind, accepting attitudes of the village residents, Sabina is a great place to raise a family and enjoy all stages of life. It’s very little wonder it is also called the Eden of Ohio. Attractions include our Public Pool, a Family Park located next to the Township Sports Park, sit down dining at Traditions Restaurant and Kim's Classic Diner, Moose Lodge 1244, excellent Churches, and a wonderful School System. Summers are often accompanied by live bands at various events, an annual Car Show, and more. With local businesses and industries, employment opportunities are all around. I’ve spent over 50 years here. Come spend a day in our town talking to folks and you may come to love it like I do.