The first annual Monster Mash Parade was a success. Hope you enjoy the pictures from the event, and we can't wait to...
On behalf of the Village of Sabina, the Recreation Committee is asking your support to help improve the Sabina...
Below are some links from the Clinton County Health Department to help you understand more about the COVID-19 vaccine...
Urgent Job Openings!!!!
TITLE: Water Treatment Department Assistant
STATUS: Full Time, Hourly
SALARY/WAGES: $15.75, negotiable with relevant experience.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Water Treatment Department Supervisor, assists in the operations of the Water Treatment Facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in maintaining accurate records and documents.
- Assists in the preparation of all required reports.
- Assists in the completion of work orders.
- Inputs meter readings.
- Additional seasonal duties include:
- Mow Municipal properties, such as the Pool, Water, and Waste Water Treatment Plants, Municipal building, and park.
- Swimming pool maintenance
- Read water meters.
- Repair water main breaks.
- Helps with disconnects.
- Perform Water Treatment Plant duties when operator is absent.
- Maintains all tools and equipment in accordance with their performance maintenance checks and services.
- Adheres to and subscribers to all directives in the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess knowledge of operations of the facility as per mandated legislation of the OEPA.
- Become knowledgeable in the department computer system.
- Seek to further education to obtain Class I Water License.
- Must within six months of employment become knowledgeable of all tools and equipment with this department.
- Shall possess as a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent education level.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Have good organization, management, and communication skills.
- Must possess positive attitude to work with the public.
- Maintain a good physical appearance.
- Able to accomplish tasks without constant supervision.
- Able to work with and alongside all supervisors and employees of the Village.
- Willingness to be flexible.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Performs other duties as required.
If interested please come to the municipal building for an application or call the Mayor at 937-584-5049
Officially Established in 1831 and incorporated in 1859, Sabina is nestled between Wilmington and Washington Court House at the crossroads of Routes 22-3 and 729. The Village, primarily a farming community, is within an hour of Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Chillicothe, Xenia and many other Municipalities. With nearby access to railways, an air park, and state routes, opportunity for business development is excellent. Because of the neighborly, kind, accepting attitudes of the village residents, Sabina is a great place to raise a family and enjoy all stages of life. It’s very little wonder it is also called the Eden of Ohio. Attractions include our Public Pool, a Family Park located next to the Township Sports Park, sit down dining at Traditions Restaurant and Kim's Classic Diner, Moose Lodge 1244, excellent Churches, and a wonderful School System. Summers are often accompanied by live bands at various events, an annual Car Show, and more. With local businesses and industries, employment opportunities are all around. I’ve spent over 50 years here. Come spend a day in our town talking to folks and you may come to love it like I do.